Customer segmentation and behavior study for an online cosmetics brand
- A PE firm was interested in investing in an online cosmetics and skin care product platform and wanted to understand the customer archetypes and map their behavior with respect to personal care category
- Conducted a customer survey (N = 1,200) and in-depth customer interviews (N = 50) across 25 cities (mix of metro, tier 1 and tier 2 cities) for different customer archetypes (based on age group, employment status, household income levels and online cosmetic purchase in past 6 months)
- Mapped customer personas and customer journey based on their usage frequency, purchase frequency, platform preferences, brand preference, etc.
- Mapped customer journey of a cosmetics customer to discover right platform-product-brand mix
- Understand the customer engagement with different platforms and usage behavior of each customer archetype
Impact / Outcome
- Successfully provide the PE client the different customer segmentation for online cosmetics platform and the comprehensive understanding of their behavior and usage for each customer segment